Monday, 6 June 2016

Parents sound warning after boy dies from playing online choking game

12-year-old Karnel Haughton who died when playing a choking game

12-year-old Karnel Haughton, from the Tyburn area of Birmingham boy has died after reportedly taking part in a dangerous online craze which cuts off oxygen to the brain.

He is believed to have lost consciousness and suffocated.

Friends and parents have now shared warnings about the potentially lethal game in which youngsters film themselves choking and post the videos on social media.

Karnel is thought to have been playing the 'game' in his bedroom when he lost consciousness.

He was discovered by his mum Gemma at around 9.45pm on Wednesday and died a shortly after in hospital.

Police are treating his death as 'unexplained'.

Image: Caters