Saturday, 7 March 2015

Oops:Chibok people say purported meeting with schoogirls' parents is a scam


The National Publicity Director of Kibaku Area Development Association, an organization representing the entire Chibok community, Allen Mannaseh, on Friday described as a scam the purported meeting between the Federal Government representatives and parents of the abducted schoolgirls on Thursday.

Mannaseh, who was reacting to a press statement issued by Olawale Rasheed, the Special Adviser to the Minister of State Power, Mohammed Wakil, that a closed door meeting was held with some relations and parents of the schoolgirls, disentangled the Chibok parents from that arrangement, noting that the said meeting was merely a Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) affairs.

He said the minister did not have the full representation of the Chibok people.

He said the Chibok people are very angry with the minister over his lack of concern for the community which he represented at the National Assembly and as a minister.

Mannaseh said Wakil has not been in Chibok for ages, particularly since the adoption of the girls last year.

“There was no close door meeting with any of the Chibok girls parents in Maiduguri that is one. Secondly, the Chibok people are very angry with Mohammed Wakil. For all that has been happening in Chibok, he has not been in the community for ages. He was a member representing Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza and a minority leader for that matter. He has not been to Chibok up till today. He is being used by the Federal Government against our own wish. He has shown that he is not representing any of us, either as a member of House of Representative then or as a minister now,” he stated.